Performance Marketing Program Manager
About the Role
This critically important role will serve as the connective tissue between Marketing, Media, Analytics, and Product to deliver project excellence throughout the Performance Marketing ecosystem. By practice, program managers enable senior management, thought leaders, and individual contributors to achieve predictable planning, execution, and reporting quality with expertise in project tools and best-in-class methodologies.
You will improve how our teams prioritize against our business strategy, drives cross-functional execution and accountability, and provide us more leverage within the business. We are looking for a self-starter, change agent, and exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated track record of leading large, cross-functional projects. You’ll participate in strategic planning and drive the delivery of our most important priorities across internal and external stakeholders. As a key member of the team, you’ll help develop processes and best practices, ultimately setting the bar for how we operate as a Performance marketing org.
• End-to-end project management of strategic media initiatives, including but not limited to driving cross-functional engagement, timeline setting, task management, workstream alignment, coordinating presentations, running standups
• Maintain operational and communication cadence to hold partners accountable and ensure flawless delivery of programs – communicating risks while actively working to mitigate them
• Identify operational inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement, developing the roadmaps necessary for transition
• Act as Agile expert for internal projects; providing key points of articulation for best practices in multiple project approaches (from waterfall to Agile knowledge areas) and what would best support organizational scale
• Be a thought partner in building a high-performance culture
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in program or project management managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
• Experience applying Agile, Lean, and other process improvement principles to analyze and improve processes, preferably in a marketing context.
• Experience working with or in support of many different business units, especially partner orgs where revenue is not the primary KPI
• Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
• Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• First-principles problem solver - distills complex problems to their root cause and main drivers; challenges assumptions even from senior leaders to ensure we set and meet high standards.
• Resilient and able to work autonomously in the face of ambiguity.
• Ability to see the bigger picture while maintaining attention to detail; solves for future problems not just today’s specific challenge.
• Your multitasking ability to parallelize multiple workstreams with changing requirements is second to none.
• You have structured and direct verbal and written communication skills.
• You possess superior situational awareness, managing without authority, and negotiation skills.
• You are able to understand complex requirements and actively develop proscriptive course corrections, scaling between low level project tasks and big picture success criteria.
• Certifications are an asset (e.g. PMP®, Six Sigma, etc.)